The Charts below list the availability of fruits and vegetables grown in Maryland!
To find Maryland-grown food near you, visit
Local Food Strategies (From MN Farm to School)
- Buy fresh fruits and vegetables in season, close to the start of the school year.
- Buy fruits and vegetables later in the year from farmers who have storage facilities.
- Buy from farmers who use season extension methods such as high tunnels or greenhouses.
- Buy meats, dairy products, and non-perishable food items at any time of the year.
- Buy fresh fruits and vegetables in season, and process them in the school kitchen for later use.
Maryland Fruits and Vegetables: Collection of fruit and vegetable pictures with selection and storage tips, prepartion tips, and other kid friendly ideas.