Retirement of Highly Erodible Land



This option involves the removal of highly erodible land from crop or hay production. The land is planted into either grass or forest and is usually not disturbed for at least 10 years

Funding Source

Cost-share grants are available for the retirement of highly erodible land through the Maryland Agricultural Water Quality Cost-Share (MACS) Program and USDA’s Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP).