Quarterly Shelter Statistics Reporting
Chapters 561 and 562 of 2013 - Animal Welfare - Spay/Neuter Fund - Establishment established a fee on dog and cat commercial feed registered in the State and created a Spay/Neuter Fund in MDA to reduce animal shelter overpopulation and cat and dog euthanasia rates by financing grants for programs that facilitate and promote spay and neuter services. Animal shelters operated or contracted by local governments must submit a quarterly report to MDA providing specific information.
In addition, any shelter that receives grant funding may be required per their grant agreement to provide the same data.
This data is used to determine program effectiveness in reducing shelter intakes and euthanasia rates, and to help identify areas of need for allocating grant funding.
Reporting Due Dates:
QUARTER 1 - April 15 Reporting on Activity for January 1-March 31
QUARTER 2 - July 15 Reporting on Activity for April 1-June 30
QUARTER 3 - October 15 Reporting on Activity for July 1-September 30
QUARTER 4 - January 15 Reporting on Activity for October 1-December 31 for the prior year
As of January 1, 2022, all quarterly shelter statistics reports are to be submitted through the Maryland OneStop portal. All organization profiles are assigned to a primary organizational account and that account must be the one to submit the reports. For information on what email address is assigned to your organization, please contact the program coordinator, Jen Swanson, at email@example.com
To Access the Quarterly Shelter Activity Report (Shelter Stats) on OneStop
- Log in to your dashboard at https://onestop.md.gov
- Scroll down to My Licenses, Permits, & Registrations.
- Click on your organization name to bring up your organization profile;
- Click on the "Quarterly Statistics" tab to view prior reports and/or submit a new report, OR;
- Click on the green button at the top right that says "Submit Quarterly Statistics Report".
- Enter your quarterly data (some data will autopopulate).
- Submit the report.
Please click the Maryland OneStop logo below to access the portal.